Why not try it out for yourself with the Mind Chi Basic 8 Steps
Mind Chi is your attitude, your motivation; your outlook; your willpower; your whole way of facing life; your inner control; your resilience; your goals and purpose…. really nearly all that makes up – YOU!
Mind Chi offers you a simple and revolutionary way to improve your mental energy, (re)gain control of yourself and thereby solve your problems, master your stress and achieve your goals.
Mind Chi is a synthesis of positive psychology, mental wellness and eudemonics (the study of happiness). Further, the authors have practiced and shared these processes for over 95 years!
The eight steps (taking just 8 minutes) of Mind Chi are grounded firmly in established theories of memory, psychology, mind and motivational development, leading edge brain/mind research and are the distillation of over eighty years’ combined personal experience and development by the authors.
The techniques are designed to improve your control, willpower, attitude, resilience, self-concept, leadership, memory and focus, and in so doing increase your success in business and life.
The Mind Chi Basic 8 step / minute routine
Below is a Mind Chi map of the 8 steps. There are four segments to the Mind Chi Basic routine, each with two steps, making the 8 minute total.
Start where the branch says ‘START’ (11:00 o’clock)
The first two steps, taking a minute each, get your body and mind set up and ready for action. (These two steps are good to do any time you want to improve your concentration and effectiveness.)
1. Breathe – Place one hand on your belly and make sure that it rises and falls more than your other hand which is placed high on your chest. Do deep ‘belly breaths’ for a minute – in- hold – out and empty, 3 secs each.
2. Attend – Look at a second hand on a time piece and think of the word ‘One’ for a full minute. As soon as an intruding thought comes in, move up a number. Notice what number you reached by the end of the minute. The object is to keep your score at ‘one’.
The next two steps look at your ‘PAST’ performance over 24 hour
3. Adjust – Rewind the tape to see where you might have acted / spoken / been more helpful. Learn for if there is a next time. Count these times on your non-dominant hand
4. Associate – Review the tape to see where you did perform in a helpful and positive way. Link these with your feelings of success. Count these on your dominant hand.
The next two steps look at ‘NOW’ and are of great importance.
This is where you can experience (re)gaining control over yourself.
5. Be Aware – Check in with your Body, Emotions, Actions and Thoughts (BEAT) to observe how they are functioning.
6. Choose – The crucial step, because IF they are not what you wish, this is where you get to change them!
And the final two steps give you the ‘FUTURE’ you desire.
7. Plan – Project 24 hours, how would you like to be / act / think and feel? Multi-sensorially experience yourself in a forward ‘video’.
8. Be Grateful – This is for all that you have received and may receive – it sends you on your way with a happy heart, a spring in your step and an expectant frame of mind…
Here is a map of the Mind Chi 8-steps
For a 15-minute introduction to the 8-steps of Mind Chi, click here