Spring is at its most bountiful, here in the UK. My garden is full of daffodils, tulips, hyacinth, primroses and heather! In the newly weeded ground my newly planted seeds are already showing the teeny green sprouts which will yield salad crops, beans and peas – a total delight. In the fields the lambs are actually gamboling and the abundance of colours of the fresh leaves is amazing.
So, what about you? Do you feel spring like? Do you want to sing for joy as you start your day? Are you up for a gambol across a meadow?
Are you aware that it is almost impossible to hold opposing thoughts in your brain? If you are angry can you feel peaceful at the same time? Therefore by concentrating on positive actions, thoughts, emotions and behaviours you will push the negative, acid creating ones out of your brain. And there is yet another benefit, when you are feeling basically good and happy you can positively affect the mirror neurons of those around you. Have you noticed that some people can ‘lighten’ the room as they enter (and others can do the opposite)? Care of how create your inner ‘soup’ either may build resilience and strength or may, over years compound to very negative health results. YOU are in control, start with these 8 simple steps and continue to perform your Mind Chi 8 minute routine every day.
Here are 8 ways to morph your stress and increase your spring, bounce and joy of life!
- Have a luxurious stretch before you hop out of bed.
- Put your alarm on music NOT the news. (Set it at 5 minutes past the hour.)
- When you first see yourself in the mirror, give yourself a big smile.
- Wear some funny, slinky or different underwear or socks. (Be happy all under!)
- Only listen/watch the news AFTER your day has well started (if you must!)
- Make your first comment to family, friends or workers a positive one with a smile.
- Watch out for and mentally (or out loud) comment on nice things you see.
- Perform your Mind Chi Basic 8 minute routine and every day will have a spring to it!